It’s been a rough week. The pessimist in me wanted to call this ‘Lowlights’ as that would suit the theme of the week.
But since I don’t want to to end the week on too much of a negative I’ll do my best to see the bright side of the darker moments of the week! (And if that fails at least the weekend can only get better!) I’m still reading Thrive by Ariana Huffington so I’ll practise her suggestion of listing things you are grateful for each night as an exercise in positivity.
– on my last Sunday run I rediscovered the notion I’m all too familiar with – that a mother’s fitness levels are as changeable as a toddler’s mood. Since I haven’t had the opportunity for exercise since, I’m hoping the changeability continues and tomorrow I’m fit as a fiddle. I’m grateful I can run since a bad run is better than no run!
– I’m fairly convinced that after this week my scarves will first and foremost always be really extra fancy tissues for my kids to utilise. I’m grateful I have a thing for scarves otherwise I’d have many more boogies on my clothes which is much less subtle.
– it’s been the kind of week where one of the highlights of Wednesday was finding an entire extra freezer bag of mini homemade vegetable sausage rolls – I’m embarrassed by the joy I felt at this discovery but grateful I have a few days more of sausage rolls.
– It’s the kind of week that saw me in tears and almost turning back to go pick up V1 from school to show him the rainbow that we strained to see on the way to school, but that I ultimately couldn’t make him see. It was so gorgeously and perfectly placed at the end of the road on the way home. And he missed it. But I’m grateful I did see something beautiful in an otherwise very gray day.
– It’s been the kind of week where getting up earlier meant less time to do things. Time is the irresistible food of a mother’s every day and it gets devoured before we’ve even had time to complain about having too much to do (well, I do find time for that – just ask my better half! I’m grateful that he has stuck around to keep listening, even if he does tune out occasionally!)
– While trying to coddle V2 and carry her around while packing away dishes, I let her get too close to a hot element and she burnt her little fingers. In three days we have been back to the Dr 3 times to have it redressed. She does NOT like things on her fingers. I’m grateful it was only a very superficial burn and she will be fine.