– the smell of salt and vinegar chips on a Friday afternoon train is almost making me disregard all I know of social propriety by reaching over and helping myself.
– it’s difficult to comprehend or understand the distress of a parent that has just heard their toddler’s ‘lamby’ has been temporarily misplaced. *
– on the weekend just gone, V2 decided to help me with the washing. She is actually quite good. She manages to hang things up, for the most. But I must admit I am now wondering at the appropriateness of the fact that my underwear almost always ends up over her head as a form of necklace.
– my kids have more toys than they know what to do with. Enough clothes to facilitate 4 daily outfit changes (usually the minimum) and, most importantly more books than they can read in a month. Yet today I spent half the day at work walking around in a pair of shoes for which the sole was held on by sticky tape. I hope I make it to the car before it finally falls off.
– I made porridge for the family this morning. V1 and V2 had two helpings. My better half then asked ‘I thought you said you made some for us?’ It’s been three years and he still hasn’t grasped the concept that if the kids want it, they will literally get the food out of our mouths. The fact that they are well fed with good appetites is yhis morning’s sustenance alone.
*after alerting all families of the loss of the ‘grey’ lamby comforter, he has been found in the back shed at school. Most likely once again more grey than his former state of white.